Welcome to Communication Academy!
Communication Academy’s goal is to help students develop confidence in their communication skills. Students who communicate effectively and confidently are shown to be more successful in all aspects of their lives. In 2001, we were the first to offer public speaking in Cupertino and have since expanded to offer:
After School Enrichment Classes, Summer Camps, and Holiday Break Camps for Grades K-12
- Public Speaking
- Common Core Writing
- Common Core Reading
- Common Core Math
- Math Olympiad
- American Math Competition 8
- Mock Trial
- Creative Writing
- Professional Public Speaking (Ages 18+)
- Private classes at your company (By request)
In 2001, the director of Communication Academy, Jackson Chow, was looking for public speaking and debate classes for his seventh grade son who was an aspiring lawyer. The options were few and extremely expensive. This led him to organize his own Public Speaking camp, which took off with incredible success and demand.
Our classes are offered all year round in a quarter system: Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer. Different topics and curriculum are offered each quarter to promote learning different styles. Camps are offered during school breaks and Summer.
What’s different about us?
- Small class sizes of 12 students or less
- Experienced instructors who are speech & debate coaches, school teachers, college professors, or experts in their field
- The first to offer public speaking to grade school students in Cupertino, CA
- Dedicated subjects for deeper learning
- Final presentations are video-taped for ages 9+ in public speaking
- Fun and safe environment
For over 20 years, Communication Academy has worked with numerous schools, recreation centers, and home school groups to offer classes and camps throughout the Bay Area. Our partners include Cupertino Recreation, Palo Alto Recreation, Los Gatos Recreation, Fremont Recreation, Milpitas Recreation, Dublin Recreation, San Mateo Recreation, Foster City Recreation, Burlingame Recreation, San Leandro Recreation, Saint Andrew’s Episcopal School, Ocean Grove Home School Community, and Connecting Waters Home School Community.